For up-to-date fire information , visit readyventuracounty.org for the most recent information for Ventura County, or call the incident information hotline at (805) 465-6650.
For Santa Barbara County, countyofsb.org/thomasfire.sbc#update has the most recent information.
You can also dial 2-1-1 or text thomasfire to 898-211 to get more information from a partnership of the United Way of Ventura County, the American Red Cross of Ventura County, and the Ventura County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Services.
Other general information is available via the links below:
- CALFIRE: http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/1922
- USFS: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5670/
The following is a list of available shelters:
- City of Ventura - Ventura County Fairgrounds at Miners Building (Red Cross - Includes an Animal Shelter for all types of animals) – 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA
- City of Ojai - Nordhoff High School (Red Cross) - 1401 Maricopa Hwy, Ojai, CA
- City of Fillmore - Veteran's Memorial Building (Red Cross) - 511 2nd Street, Fillmore, CA
- City of Oxnard - Oxnard College Gymnasium (Red Cross) - 4000 S. Rose Ave, Oxnard, CA Open 12/5/17, 0700
- City of Santa Paula - Santa Paula Community Center (City of SP run shelter) 530 W Main St, Santa Paula, CA - Open 0800
- UC Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara Multi Activity Center - Includes an Animal Shelter for small animals - preferably in crates, 516 Ocean Road, Santa Barbara, CA
For those interested in helping the victims with financial contributions, the United Way of Ventura County is accepting donations via text by sending UWVC to 41444, online at www.vcunitedway.org, or by calling 805-485-6288.
You can also donate to your local Red Cross organization at http://www.redcross.org.
If you're one of the 20,000+ Southern California Edison customers hit by a power outage, Edison expects that some areas should be "prepared to be without power for days or may experience intermittent outages for the next few days." The company is posting updates on their Facebook page and their website.
For those with pets in Ventura, the Humane Society of Ventura County is accepting animals, as well as looking for donations to help with the animals currently in their care. In Santa Barbara, you can call the Santa Barbara County Animal Services hotline at (805) 681-4332. The Santa Barbara Humane Society is accepting small domestic animals while the Earl Warren Showgrounds is accepting large animals.
The following schools will be closed for the remainder of the week, except where noted otherwise:
- ACE Charter High School
- Briggs Elementary School District
- CAPE Charter School
- Fillmore Unified School District
- Hueneme Elementary School District
- Mesa Union Elementary School District
- Mupu Elementary School District
- Ocean View Elementary School District
- Ojai Unified School District
- Our Lady of Assumption Catholic School
- Oxnard Elementary School District
- Oxnard Union High School District
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Rio Elementary School District
- Santa Clara Elementary School District
- Santa Paula Unified School District
- Somis Union School District
- Saint Anthony's School
- Saint Bonaventure High School
- Thomas Aquinas College
- University Preparation Charter School
- VCOE Career Education Center (Camarillo and Moorpark)
- VCOE - operated school sites and classrooms
- Ventura Charter School
- Ventura College
- Ventura Unified School District
- Villanova Prep School (Closed through 12/15/17)
- Vista Real Charter High School District
The following schools have reopened as of 12/07/17:
- Conejo Valley Adult Education
- Conejo Valley Unified School District
- Moorpark College
- Moorpark Unified School District
- Oxnard College
- Simi Valley Unified School District
- CSU Channel Islands will return to normal class schedules on 12/8/17
The following is the list for Santa Barbara County:
- Closed Dec 11-15: Carpinteria District schools and office
- Closed Dec 11-12: Cold Spring, Goleta, Hope, Montecito, Santa Barbara Unified School Districts; Adelante Charter, Peabody Charter, Santa Barbara Charter Schools
- Closed Dec 11: Ballard, Buellton, College, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez Valley Union High School, Solvang, and Vista del Mar School Districts
For a complete list of Santa Barbara County public school districts, web sites, phone numbers, etc., please visit http://sbceo.org/districts-and-schools/.