U.S. : NPR
Air conditioning standards are based on the needs of a 155-pound man. Researchers say it's time to admit that women don't need to be chilled as much and crank up the thermostat.
The families of 16 victims sued the estate of shooter Adam Lanza's mother and will receive nearly $94,000 apiece under the deal. The settlement still needs a judge's approval.
The company that makes Spritam says the 3-D-printed pill dissolves quickly, even at the highest doses.
In the annals of American politics, there have been some pretty quirky quests for the White House.
"We lost two lives — a father and a daughter — at an event that was supposed to be fun," Gov. Maggie Hassan says. Dozens of people were sent to hospitals.
- Play Hard, Live Free: Where Wild Play Still Rules |
- So You Flunked A Racism Test. Now What? |
- The U.S. Declared War On Veteran Homelessness — And It Actually Could Win |
- New National Guard Cyber Units May Help Retain Troops |
- Here's The Buzz On America's Forgotten Native 'Tea' Plant |
- How New Jersey Tamed The Wild Blueberry For Global Production |
- New Power Plant Rules Likely To Start Slow-Burning Debate, Legal Action |
- A Community Built Around Older Adults Caring For Adoptive Families |
- Historic Drought Fuels Nearly 2 Dozen California Wildfires |
- Researchers Witness Urban Coyotes Melt Into The Shadows Of Los Angeles |