A recent op-ed from a centrist Democratic think tank reignited an intraparty fight over the political pluses and perils of economic populism. But there are good reasons why we're unlikely to see a repeat of the battles of the mid-1980s.
The deal hammered out by GOP Rep. Paul Ryan and Democratic Sen. Patty Murray would restore $65 billion in sequestration cuts in exchange for cuts elsewhere and additional fees.
Without a farm bill, dairy policy will revert to 1949 law, and wholesale milk prices could double. But the Senate Agriculture Committee chairwoman says she expects a bill to pass in January, in time to avert a spike in milk prices.
Ex-actress Shannon Guess Richardson, who had minor roles on The Walking Dead and The Blind Side, says that she tried to frame her estranged husband for the tainted letters.
All medications come with risks, and one of the risks with popular heartburn medicines seems to be that they interfere with the absorption of vitamin B-12. That can cause troubling symptoms, from anemia and depression to dementia.
- Missing Couple, Four Kids Found Safe In Nevada Mountains |
- Is Obama-Castro Handshake A Step Toward U.S.- Cuba Thaw? |
- St. Paul, Minn., Preps Break Record For Largest Snowball Fight |
- New Orleans' Rat Fighters Go Beyond Baiting Traps |
- To Get Olympic Snow, Machines Give Nature A Nudge |
- Texas Ice Storm Plus Sand, Traffic Equals 'Cobblestone Ice' |
- To Fight Meningitis Outbreak, Princeton Tries European Vaccine |
- GM Gives A Woman The Keys To Drive Its Future |
- Despite Big Market In Florida, Obamacare Is A Hard Sell |
- In A Small Missouri Town, Immigrants Turn To Schools For Help |