U.S. : NPR
Firstborns in Britain are more likely to be nearsighted, a finding that matches other studies. Maybe it's because parents are more likely to push studying than they do with subsequent kids.
Stone, one of three Americans who helped stop a terrorist attack on a Paris-bound train in August, is said to be in stable condition following the incident in Sacramento.
The current House GOP leader said he was withdrawing because, for Republicans to unite, "we probably need a fresh face." Now, leadership elections have been postponed.
The former Florida governor has a household name, but the candidate knows he needs to introduce himself. "I've gotta tell the Jeb story," he said, "I've got to say who I am. I've gotta show my heart."
This is the second botched execution in a row for the state. Clayton Lockett died of a heart attack last year after a phlebotomist misplaced an IV line.
- 'It Was Installed For This Purpose,' VW's U.S. CEO Tells Congress About Defeat Device |
- McCarthy Poised To Clinch GOP's Nomination For Speaker, But It's Just Step 1 |
- Treasury Secretary Keeps Up Pressure To Raise Debt Limit |
- Justice Department Called On To Investigate Alabama Voter ID Issue |
- GOP Conference Set To Decide Party's Nominee For House Speaker |
- Disappointment Over Politics Spurs Some Millennials To Get Involved |
- New House Bill Could Cut Some Mandatory Life Sentences To 25 Years |
- To Flood-Proof Subways, N.Y. Looks At Everything From Plugs To Sheets |
- Can't Afford School? Girls Learn To Negotiate The Harvard Way: #15Girls |
- Fiat Chrysler And United Auto Workers Reach New Tentative Agreement |