A day after an Islamic-extremist group launched an attack in Somalia, U.S. military forces have struck back. A Pentagon spokesman says the results of the operation are being assessed.
NATO leaders are expected this week to set up a rapid-response force to defend against potential Russian aggression.
Thousands of employees lost their casino jobs with the closure of the Showboat and Revel casinos in Atlantic City. This is the latest development in a painful transition for Atlantic City, which faces greater competition for gamblers from neighboring states.
All summer long, kids from a gritty neighborhood in Providence, R.I., have been escaping to a golf course and driving range carved out of a vacant lot. At Button Hole, a new generation is learning golf for a dollar a game.
Four decades after Studs Terkel's famous collection of oral histories was published, Radio Diaries revives one of his interviews with Helen Moog, an Ohio taxi driver and grandmother of five.
- Guns Boom In 2014 Campaign Ads |
- 3 Americans Detained In North Korea Urge U.S. To Secure Their Release |
- The Flight Of The Passenger Pigeon, Now 100 Years Extinct |
- To Model Manhood, Immigrant Dads Draw From Two Worlds |
- Showboat Casino Is Latest In Atlantic City To Close Its Doors |
- 151 Years Later, Pickett's Charge Hero Gets Medal Of Honor |
- It Might Sound Stupid, But Maybe It Isn't The Economy This Time |
- Judge Blocks Enforcement Of Louisiana's Abortion Law |
- More Evidence That ADHD Drugs Don't Curb Ultimate Height |
- Librarians Are A Luxury Chicago Public Schools Can't Afford |