A Texas teen escaped a jail sentence after being involved in a drunk-driving accident that killed four people. Defense attorneys say he suffered from 'affluenza' because his privileged parents never set limits for him. The Barbershop guys weigh in on the controversial ruling.
Reverend Matthew Crebbin had to comfort shocked residents after the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut that killed 28 people last year. A year later, he speaks with host Michel Martin about the role faith played in keeping the town together.
Etymologist Mark Forsyth shares the surprising back story on the term "president."
The nonpartisan PolitiFact has given the president's claim about his health care program a dubious honor. Obama said that "if you like your health care plan, you can keep it." When it became clear that wasn't correct, the White House tried to "rewrite his slogan," the fact checkers say.
A compromise defense bill is making its way through Congress. The authorization measure deals with everything from sexual assault in the military to the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay to operations in Afghanistan.
- Hard-Fought Budget Deal On Its Way To The Senate |
- House Approves Budget Deal; Compromise Heads To Senate |
- Conservative Grass Roots Remains Skeptical Of Budget Deal |
- Boehner Blasts Tea Party Groups Over Budget Deal Criticism |
- Photojournalists Push White House For Better Access To Obama |
- Boehner Pushes Back Against Conservative Groups' Budget Opposition |
- African-American Gun Club Hopes To Help Curb Youth Violence |
- It's 'Not Great,' But Budget Deal Is Expected To Pass In The House |
- Come On Down To Congress! Bob Barker Endorses In Fla. Race |
- Does President Obama Have Bad Manners? |