Metal superstar Robert Trujillo never spoke with the late Jaco Pastorius. But Trujillo is funding a film and a new compilation of demo recordings from his personal bass guitar hero.
Can you identify a song when it's stripped down to a just few seconds of isolated drum pounding? This week's puzzler comes courtesy of Bon Iver drummer Sean Carey, otherwise known as S. Carey.
Life, death and piety are the recurring themes in hauntingly beautiful alabados preserved by lay brothers called penitentes. "You have to feel them," one says. "You have to feel them in your soul."
Join tenor Ian Bostridge, conductor Ton Koopman and other singers, conductors and scholars for a guided tour of Bach's sacred masterpiece, first heard on Good Friday in Leipzig in 1727.
One of the most respected figures in Latin music, the salsa singer had deep roots in both Puerto Rico and New York, where he influenced a younger generation of musicians.
- Lakker, 'Thermohaline' |
- God, Drugs And Lizard Aliens: Yep, It's Country Music |
- Jeremiah Jae And Oliver The 2nd: 'Take It Back To The Essence' |
- The Good Listener: Does The World Still Need Cassettes? |
- Classical Quartet Gets All Twisted |
- Photos Needed: We Want Your Sole |
- Eternal Summers, 'A Burial' |
- Why We Fight About Pop Music |
- Emicida: 'People Sample What Is Nearest To Them' |
- Rodrigo y Gabriela, 'The Russian Messenger' |