Putting the eclectic back in alternative, Felix Contreras of Alt.Latino talks with Rachel Martin and shares some 1960s Colombian throwback tunes, Latin jazz and bluegrass mariachi.
Chad Clark of the band Beauty Pill walks us through creating "Steven and Tiwonge," a song about a gay couple in Malawi sentenced to 14 years in prison for their sexuality.
In his new memoir, Music Without Words, the composer explains how a chance meeting with Ravi Shankar sparked a fascination with the cultures of the world and their music.
An acoustic quartet from Kiev, Ukraine whose music encompasses rhythms and sounds from around the world, while remaining joyfully unique. Plus, they wear amazing hats.
Hatred of bands is often about association — about the story of ourselves that we're comfortable telling the world.
- Roomful Of Teeth: A Vocal Group That's 'A Band, Not A Choir' |
- Colleen: For The First Time, A Hypnotic Composer Sings |
- Rap City: Sweat, Hope & Hip-Hop In Dakar |
- The Hard Work And Close Bonds Of Competitive College A Cappella |
- Kamasi Washington's 'The Epic' In Concert |
- The Bad Plus Joshua Redman At Detroit Jazz Festival |
- Celebrating Joe Temperley In Concert |
- Vijay Iyer Trio At Metropolitan Museum Of Art |
- Akua Dixon At Central Brooklyn Jazz Festival |
- Drum Fill Friday, With Cayetana's Kelly Olsen |