The best-selling pianist also hosts a jazz show on BBC Radio 2. He joins NPR's Scott Simon to share new music from three European artists who merge classic sounds with electronic elements.
The music of the saxophonist's three-CD, nearly three-hour work comes to life in its full glory, assisted by his long-time working band, a choir, strings and plenty of special guests.
The era of the protest song might seem gone, but NPR Music host Jason King has curated a 100-hour-long playlist of R&B, soul, funk and hip-hop protest music that spans decades (including this one).
The Houston Rockets lost their second game in the Western Conference Finals Thursday night. Many fans believe rapper Lil B placed a curse on the team's best player, James Harden.
Hear the Philly rapper discuss his exciting new album and perform live in the studio.
- Joe Temperley: 'No Greater Sound On Earth' |
- Lionel Hampton On Piano Jazz |
- Allison Moorer On Mountain Stage |
- The Thistle & Shamrock: At The Edge |
- What's On Your Road Trip Playlist? |
- West Philadelphia Orchestra On World Cafe |
- Songs We Love: Alessia Cara, 'Here' |
- Drum Fill Friday, With Sō Percussion |
- Jason Vieaux And Yolanda Kondonassis: Tiny Desk Concert |
- The Pachanga Files: Rockanroleando In Austin |