After an eight-year break from recording, Rice gives his bold, dreamy, impeccably rendered music plenty of room to breathe and seethe over the course of more than 50 minutes.
Hear music and see pictures from fantastic performances that electrified the 2014 edition of WOMEX, the foremost marketplace for world music.
On this week's All Songs Considered, we share dance music from Belle & Sebastian and unreleased Velvet Underground, plus Bob Boilen discusses new discoveries from this year's CMJ Music Marathon.
Young recorded all of Storytone's 10 songs with either a 92-piece orchestra or an elaborate big band, but wisely includes beautifully stripped-down acoustic versions, too.
Every fall, hundreds of bands migrate to New York City for the annual CMJ Music Marathon. Bob Boilen wants to share a few standouts from this year's lineup.
- Blue Note At 75: The Concert |
- Ghosts In The Music: A Spooky Songs Quiz |
- What Is It About Kendrick Lamar? |
- No Shame: Glen Campbell Documentary Follows Singer's Goodbye Tour |
- Cafe Tacvba's Groundbreaking Influence, Then And Now |
- Herbie Hancock: 'On A Path To Find My Own Answer' |
- T.I.: 'We Make Music That Come From The Heart' |
- Great Danes: Three Symphonic Albums By Danish Composers |
- Who Sang It First? Mockingbirds And Musicians Cover Each Other In New Orleans |
- Pat Benatar And Neil Giraldo: Tales From A Rock 'N' Roll Marriage |