Can you tell what a band's music will sound like, just by the shoes they wear? All Songs Considered host Bob Boilen thinks you can.
Even today's musicians know that jazz has a rapidly changing, living, breathing history. In a new video, young gun Kris Bowers takes a YouTube tour from ragtime and stride through the present day.
The maker of a hip-hop classic on his audience, the next generation and how his anniversary is inspiring a new album.
On our latest show, we get metaphysical with new music that questions the state of humanity and technology along with our role in an infinite universe. Plus, new sounds in country and folk.
Neil Young has released a video that shows him recording his take on Scottish folk singer Bert Jansch's "Needle Of Death." The solo acoustic cut appears on Young's new covers album, A Letter Home.
- Music That Burns, Literally |
- Angst And Excellence In Forgotten Soviet Symphonies |
- Viking's Choice: Lantlôs Will Crush You With Bliss |
- Damon Albarn On 'Everyday Robots' And The Birth Of Britpop |
- StartSerenading... Again: Mineral To Reunite |
- Melaena Cadiz, 'Needles River' |
- For Shakespeare's 450th Birthday, Here's An Unusual Tempest |
- Chicken Soup For The Ears: New Music To Cure What Ails You |
- Lil Bibby: 'I Need $100 Million In My Bank Account' |
- Rufus Wainwright Shares Songs, And A Few Stories |