Plant's 10th solo album lovingly layers elements in ways that mirror memory, creating new constructs from floating shards of the musical past.
Prodigy, one half of the hip-hop duo Mobb Deep, is the curator of Infamous Books, an imprint of Brooklyn-based independent publisher Akashic Books. His debut novel H.N.I.C. was published in 2013.
The New York band performed selections from its upcoming album, El Pintor, in public for the first time.
This week's puzzler for careful listeners is from guest Quizmaster Mark Reznicek, drummer for the Fort Worth rock band Toadies. Hear the fills (or intro) and match it to the song.
After a three-year hiatus, the singer's 14th album is the sound of a once-prolific genius who's only recently relearned what it's like to walk on steady footing.
- Ages And Ages, Singing An Anthem For (And With) Everyone |
- Heavy Rotation: 10 Songs Public Radio Can't Stop Playing |
- Songs As Soundtracks To The Story Of Latin Life |
- Latitudes: The International Music You Must Hear In August |
- Taking The Tuba Above And Beyond The Low End |
- How The 'Kung Fu Fighting' Melody Came To Represent Asia |
- On Final Recording, Joe Beck Exposes Possibilities Of The Guitar |
- First Listen |
- Dom Flemons Holds On To Those Old-Time Roots |
- The Story Of Little Feat's Fame, Destruction And Revival |