A Beverly Hills auction house has an unusual fossil for sale. It's not an ancient animal. It's something an ancient animal left behind — and it's very, very long.
A significant percentage of obese kids think their weight is just fine. But do they need to know the truth to get healthier?
What does a 20 percent chance of rain or snow actually mean? Interpreting probabilities in forecasts can be hard even for mathematicians and meteorologists — never mind the average person.
For one month every summer, hundreds of thousands of purple martins stop by an abandoned shopping mall parking lot in Austin, Texas, on their way to the Amazon Basin. Reporter Luke Quinton visited this year's roosting and offers a glimpse of the phenomenon.
Researchers have stumbled on an ingenious idea: Use bubble wrap as a cheap test tube and petri dish. They've even run tests on blood that's sitting inside the poppable packaging. So how does it work?
- What's Better Than A Total Eclipse Of The Sun? Check This |
- Rosetta Spacecraft Readies For Rendezvous With Comet |
- Son's Mental Illness Prompts Billionaire's Big Donation To Psychiatric Research |
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists |
- 45 Years Ago, Armstrong Took His 'One Small Step' |
- Astronaut Who Walked On The Moon: 'It Was Science Fiction To Us' |
- With Malaysia Airlines Crash, A Loss For AIDS Research |
- 400,000+ Sign Petition To Move 'Sad Bear' To Better Life In Canada |
- In Tracking Bats, It Helps To Find Them Adorable |
- What It Takes To Be A Champion |