Artist Neil Harbisson was born completely color blind. But thanks to a device attached to his head, he can now "hear" color, which allows him to experience an element that was once invisible.
Speech scientist Rupal Patel creates customized synthetic voices that enable people who can't speak to communicate in a unique voice that embodies their personality.
Physiatrist and engineer Todd Kuiken is building a prosthetic arm that connects with the human nervous system — improving motion, control and even feeling.
Sound expert Julian Treasure says we are losing our listening in a louder world. He shares ways to re-tune our ears for conscious listening — to other people and the world around us.
What was it for you? A song? A movie? A poem? For me, it was a painting. I was grabbed by a work of art that said I know you. I've been waiting. And I fell. Totally. Why does that happen?
- Second Baby Cleared Of HIV. Rare Event, Or Hope For Others? |
- Chinese Superstar Lifts Ivory Cause Onto His Shoulders |
- The Scientist Who Makes Stars On Earth |
- Almost 500 Foods Contain The 'Yoga Mat' Compound. Should We Care? |
- How Yosemite Keeps Its Bears' Paws Off Campers' Hamburgers |
- Moo-d Music: Do Cows Really Prefer Slow Jams? |
- To Clean Drinking Water, All You Need Is A Stick |
- Beer As A Post-Workout Recovery Drink? Not As Crazy As It Sounds |
- Even After The Floods, The Drought Continues |
- With Waste Dump Closed, Where To Put Nuclear Leftovers? |