It took more than 90 rounds and a delay of two weeks, after judges ran out of words. But Jackson County, Mo., finally has its spelling bee champion, after two stellar spellers broke a tie Saturday.
Wednesday, the College Board announced it will make the essay portion of the SAT exam optional. But what is lost when the importance of essays is diminished?
Finland, a country the size of Minnesota, beats the U.S. in math, reading and science. The country's top education official says investing in preschool and day care is key.
The College Board has announced major changes to the SAT, including making the essay optional, and no longer penalizing wrong answers. Erik Robelen of Education Week talks about the changes.
The upcoming changes that were announced on Wednesday by the College Board will affect more than a million college-bound, high school students. It's the second major revision in nine years.
- Post A Survey On Mechanical Turk And Watch The Results Roll In |
- College Board Breaks Out Red Pen For SAT Corrections |
- Optional Essay And Other Changes Coming To The SAT |
- Teen Sues Parents, Claiming They Owe Her Money For College |
- As a Test Gets Phased Out In Chicago, Some Boycott Its Final Year |
- Should Kindergarteners Stop Finger Painting And Start Learning French? |
- Can Playing Minecraft Teach Kids To Code? |
- Hispanics Struggle To Graduate: An Issue of School Choice? |
- Ex-'Post' Owner Raises Scholarships For Kids In U.S. Illegally |
- Should The NFL Police The N-Word? |