Business : NPR
The actions raise questions about nuclear's future in the U.S., including its role in reducing climate change. It's left the rural community that's home to one of the plants reeling.
There's Black Friday and Cyber Monday and, in some places, a single day dedicated to getting people to give to local nonprofits. In Lancaster County, Penn., they call it the Extraordinary Give — 24 hours of events designed to entice donations to arts groups, charities and other nonprofits.
Commercial space startup Blue Origin announced Tuesday the successful launch and landing of one of its rockets. NPR explores what the success means for space travel.
Cranberry breeders in Wisconsin have developed a berry that's tart but also sweet, like a Granny Smith apple. They say the variety isn't ready for production but could one day become a fresh product.
The classic Midwestern casserole, which turns 60 this year, has come to mean more than just a mashup of processed food. Even those who grew up with it but can't abide it admit: It tastes like home.
- Behind Your Holiday Sweet Potato Dish, Hard Work In The Fields |
- China Plans To Create A Nationwide Carbon Market By 2017 |
- California, An Environmental Leader, Eyes A Key Role In Climate Talks |
- Pharmaceutical Companies Pfizer, Allergan To Merge In $160 Billion Deal |
- 5 Things To Know: FAA Task Force Recommends A Drone Registry |
- In Wake Of Attacks, France Moves To Regulate Prepaid Bank Cards |
- U.S. Drug Giant Pfizer To Buy Ireland-Based Allergan |
- Drug Giant Pfizer To Merge With Allergan In Deal To Lower Corporate Taxes |
- The Scene In Paris: Fewer Tourists, More Armed Guards |
- Seasonal Temps Prep For The Holiday Rush |