Arts & Life
"There are some lessons that only grief and responsibility can teach us," says Weekend Edition host Scott Simon. His new memoir, Unforgettable, is about the life and death of his mother.
British colonialists brought lamb ham to America, where a sugar-cured, smoked variety became popular. Easier-to-cure pork ham eventually took its place, but now two Virginians are bringing it back.
Sutton Foster stars in a new comedy about a woman who learns that there are a lot of ways to be hassled over your age.
The late novelist's Millennium series is getting an addition, The Girl in the Spider's Web. The book, written by David Lagercrantz, just got its title and a U.S. release date: Sept. 1.
Katherine Fawcett's short story collection is comfortably domestic, full of quiet drama and unfussy detail. Until you read further and discover the mermaids, monsters and lonely planets (literally).
- A Ghostly Chorus Narrates 'The World Before Us' |
- 'Wolf Hall' On Stage And TV Means More Makeovers For Henry VIII's 'Pit Bull' |
- 'Publicly Shamed:' Who Needs The Pillory When We've Got Twitter? |
- Why Are Chinese Artists Representing Kenya At The Venice Biennale? |
- Our Food-Safety System Is A Patchwork With Big Holes, Critics Say |
- How 'One Nation' Didn't Become 'Under God' Until The '50s Religious Revival |
- Open A Critic's 'Poetry Notebook' And Find The Works That Shaped Him |
- Sandwich Monday: The Passover Sandwich |
- 5 Thoughts On Trevor Noah Taking Over 'The Daily Show' |
- Trevor Noah Will Replace Jon Stewart As Host Of 'The Daily Show' |