Helicopter images of Moore, Oklahoma show tracts of devastated neighborhoods.
The state straddles Tornado Alley and has had a number of especially strong twisters leave a path of death and destruction in their wake.
The deadly collapse of a textile factory in Bangladesh has heightened awareness about cheap clothes. Many Americans have become used to inexpensive clothing, but the garments are also discarded at a remarkable rate: Billions of pounds of clothing are recycled each year; nearly half is exported.
In Texas, it may be politically unwise to cross the governor, but some politicians and advocates in the poor Rio Grande Valley are starting to speak out in support of expanding Medicaid. Governor Perry opposes all parts of Obamacare.
There is one place in the country where a law enforcement agency can trace a gun found at a crime scene back to a buyer: the ATF's National Tracing Center in West Virginia. But the tracing process is usually tedious, involving multiple phone calls and searching, by hand, through paper records.
- Turnabout Is Fair Play: Senators Have Many Questions For IRS |
- Pope Francis Puts The Poor Front And Center |
- An Ancient Religious Pilgrimage That Now Draws The Secular |
- Yahoo's Other Billion-Dollar Bets: Where Are They Now? |
- Advocates Struggle To Reach Growing Ranks Of Suburban Poor |
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member Of The Doors, Dies |
- Children Of China's Wealthy Learn Expensive Lessons |
- ADHD In Childhood May Feed Obesity In Adults |
- With New Xbox, Microsoft Makes A Bigger Play For Living Room |
- Can A Piece Of Hair Reveal How Much Coke Or Pepsi You Drink? |