About 58 percent of California is currently in the worst of the four drought levels used by experts, in conditions normally seen only once every 50-100 years.
The truce begins Friday morning local time. Envoys will travel to Cairo to negotiate a possible longer peace deal.
An isolation unit at Emory University's hospital will be used to treat a patient infected with Ebola, the virus that has killed more than 700 people in a recent outbreak in West Africa.
Tea Party conservatives objected to sending money to the White House to deal with the immigration crisis, leaving the issue unaddressed as Congress gets ready to leave for a five-week break.
Analysts say the merger of Reynolds American and Lorillard is driven by the changing demographics of smoking. But the lower smoking rate masks a more complex and varied pattern of cigarette usage.
- In Obama's Foreign Policy, Some See Patience; Some See Passivity |
- To Understand Putin's Policy, Dissect The Kremlin's Inner Circles |
- To Find America's Nuclear Missiles, Try Google Maps |
- Dow Dives 317 Points, Erasing A Month Of Gains |
- As Ebola Surges, CDC Sends Aid And Warns Against Travel |
- With Prosecutors Circling, Ethics Questions Get Serious For N.Y. Governor |
- CIA Chief Apologizes To Sens. Feinstein, Chambliss Over Computer Intrusion |
- Flight Delays In China Leave Travelers Feeling Squeezed |
- Star Witness Steps Up To The Stand In McDonnell's Corruption Trial |
- How Will You Die? |